Saturday, August 22, 2009

Updates

B is doing MUCH better. Thanks for all of your prayers! We met with the pediatrician earlier this week. She can still hear crackling noises in his left lunch... so we are still fighting this little pneumonia monster, but I think we are winning. She put him on a steroid for four days to help reduce/eliminate the inflammation in his lungs. And then she said the magic words, "we are out of the woods for a hospitalization." Whew, I felt like I could finally breathe again! We are seeing marked improvement with his appetite. And since we are 1 week away from his BIG FIRST BIRTHDAY, we've decided to begin the transition to whole-milk. We are giving him a half formula-half milk solution and we will probably do this for 1-2 weeks. He is tolerating it very well. I can't believe that we are rapidly approaching his first birthday!

In other updates... let's see:

* I am 21 weeks pregnant

* I had an ultrasound yesterday - P is one active little boy. His HB was 148bpm and he weighs approximately 13oz. Unfortunately, Daddy was unable to make it, so he had to settle with just looking at pictures. The first thing he said was "P looks just like B" and boy-oh-boy, is he right!
* I am having surgery on Tuesday to remove my gallbladder. I met with the general surgeon, Dr. Bowen, on Wednesday. He was looking at a Sept 17 surgery date but he called my OB to receive approval for the surgery and then, for the date. My OB said he wanted it sooner. Dr. Bowen came back into my room and said "Dr. Robichaux wants your surgery done sooner, so I can do it this Tuesday." I wanted to go talk to Dr. Robichaux about why it couldn't wait a few weeks. After speaking with Dr. Robichaux, I realized that we had to move forward with August 25 (apparently 24 weeks opens a window to greater risks for the baby). I am a little apprehensive about having surgery while pregnant, but I know that P and I are in good earthly hands and even better, in His hands. The anesthesiologist stated that P would be on a monitor the entire time and they will have OB on stand-by if something were to occur (main concern is pre-term labor).

I am also a little concerned with how B will react to me not being able to pick him up. I can hold him but I cannot pick him up for 7 days, and after that I am to use extreme caution until I hit the two week mark. I really want to listen to those orders because the chance for me to get a hernia is about 10-15% since I am pregnant (usually it's about 1%)... but really, it's going to be very heart-wrenching (initially) to see him wanting me to pick him and hold him like I do every day... but we will adjust.

I also hope that I am feeling well enough to go to dinner Friday night to celebrate B's 1st Birthday! His big birthday bash has been postponed until September 26.

So if you will, please keep P and I in your prayers on Tuesday morning. My operation is scheduled to begin at 7am. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment