Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Expendable



Do you know what the black arrow is pointing to?

No, you say? No problem... a quick introduction will be my pleasure!

Everyone meet Ms. Gallbladder and Ms. Gallbladder meet everyone!

Ms. Gallbladder why don't you let everyone know why I am introducing you to them? What's that... you don't know why? Oh, I know why. YOU ARE WREAKING HAVOC ON MY POOR (pregnant) BODY!

Yes, it's true. I seem to be having some major issues with my gallbladder. It's definitely no joy ride. At the moment, I have to modify my diet and avoid foods that I know cause an attack. Here's the catch... I don't know which foods will cause a problem until a few hours after I've eaten it. For instance, a piece of pizza (so far) causes me no trouble and a chicken sandwich had me doubled over in pain crying. Any food that's slightly to highly fatty or greasy can bring on an attack from hell... the worst. stomach. pains. ever and because I am so nice, I will spare you the rest of the details that accompany those hellish attacks... let's just say, it's not pretty.

Why does my body contain so many expendable organs that despise me? Would you like a few examples... not a problem. {Example 1} Mr. & Mrs. Tonsil - on July 31, 2000 I got rid of those boogers after they inflicted many bouts of pain in my throat; {Example 2} Ms. Cervix - I obviously still have that since I am pregnant and all... but I don't have too much of it - April 20, 2006 was the day I had a large chunk of it removed (surgically, that is); and {Example 3} Ms. Gallbladder - need I say anymore?

My doctor wants to look at my gallbladder in depth at my next ultrasound (August 21). In addition to the whole "avoid the foods that cause you problems" advice, he also said to call if I have any more attacks because they will want to run bloodwork as soon as possible because they would be able to see something.

And to ice this big ole' stale cake, nothing can be done about it, in a surgical sense, at this point (ideally). If it got to the point where I had to have it removed, they would do surgery, but that's not ideal. And I will be breastfeeding after delivery, so it will have to be postponed that much more.

Other than my gallbladder hating my body in ways that I did not know were capable for an inanimate object to do, things are well!

This pregnancy is trucking along. I am 18w5d pregnant today. I can't really complain - which is so lovely to say because at this point with B, I was super miserable and it only got worse. Since I am closer to 19 weeks... this is what P supposedly looks like...

And on a side note - I received my new, super cool double stroller yesterday {very long story as to why we received it so early... if you want a Bumbleride, don't believe them when they say it's back ordered by 1+ month(s)}. I am in serious L.O.V.E. with it - and no longer feeling semi-nauseous over the price we paid for it. It's worth every single penny!

Bumbleride - Indie Twin


And B, well he is just a fabulous little person. Thanks for asking...

No comments:

Post a Comment