Friday, June 12, 2009

Some updates

So my BIG boy has made one more step towards being a toddler... we are saying good-bye to these

And hello to these


We initially introduced the sippy cup when B was 4 months old. And now we only use sippy cups... NO MORE BOTTLES!

I am so happy that we were able to kick the bottle habit (and 2 1/2 months before he turns one)!

Today, I am 11 weeks pregnant only 29 long weeks left to go!



We went to the aquarium with my family today. The aquarium has never really done much for me, but I definitely enjoyed the opportunity to spend some time with my family - especially my aunt and cousin that are visiting from Nashville. Two of the exhibits at the aquarium (The Amazon and the Mississippi River) made me so nauseous - one I was able to completely skip and the other I ran through. I could have handled the nausea had the place been a little less chaotic. I think every summer camp was on a field trip - there were kids running wild (and that is no exaggeration). When we left the aquarium, we took a walk along the Mississippi River down to Jax Brewery and then across the street to Cafe Maspero's. I was a little less than pleased with their inability to be accommodating to young children - after all we had two infants with us! I know it's an old New Orleans restaurant but still, would it kill them to invest in a handful of high chairs? That's right... NO high chairs and because space is so limited inside, you cannot bring your stroller to the table. But somehow we managed!

Tomorrow, B and I are supposed to be going to Franklington to go to the Louisiana Castle. They are having an open house and we are going to scope some things out since M and M will be tying the knot there on December 26 (I will be 39weeks + 1 day pregnant for their wedding... hopefully this baby stays put until then). I have to see how he is doing in the morning. Today was a pretty busy, non-schedule maintaining type of day. I am unsure of whether or not I want to do the same to him tomorrow. Who knows!?

Well I am off to spend some time with my husband... he walked in the door from work about 15 minutes ago. Have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment