Monday, June 8, 2009

My baby is growing up

In addition to the crawling, babbling "ma-ma," pulling to stand on everything, cutting two teeth-type of milestones my little babe has been hitting, he has also converted to a 3 bottle/3 meal a day type of schedule.

For the past several months, B's schedule was:

5:45am Wake-up and quiet play time in his crib
6::30am Bottle and Breakfast
8:30am Nap
10:30am Bottle
1:00pm Bottle
1:30pm Nap
4:30pm Bottle
6:30pm Bottle and Dinner
7:00pm Bath
7:30pm Bed


Over the past few weeks, I've really been battling his 4:30pm bottle with him. Over the past week, the battle began with his 10:30am bottle as well. He would take five 5 oz bottles. I thought maybe he wanted a reduction, so I tapered him down to five 4.5oz bottles. The battle still ensued.

Yesterday, I decided to just go with it. I gave him a 5.5oz bottle with breakfast, we introduced a lunch meal, accompanied by a 7 oz bottle and at dinner, he had another 7oz bottle. Those two 7oz bottles are tough to get in him. I can get the first 4-5oz in easily, but the last 2, I attempt to work in throughout his meal. I was a little scared that he would wake up last night starving... NOPE! He slept through the night as he always does.

So we are going with this new more toddler-esque schedule of:

5:45am Wake-up and quiet play time in his crib
6::30am Bottle and Breakfast
8:30am Nap
10:30am Snack
12:30pm Bottle and Lunch
1:00pm Nap
4:30pm Snack
6:30pm Bottle and Dinner
7:00pm Bath
7:30pm Bed


I guess deep down inside, I am actually thankful that he made this conversion on his own! I really thought he would be stuck on 5 bottles for the rest of his life several more months.

I am also considering making the move strictly to his sippy cup and getting rid of the bottle. I plan on talking to his pediatrician this Thursday about that. B has no problem taking his formula from a sippy cup. I just want to make sure that I'm not pulling the bottle away to soon... you know, since babies have that need to suck. But then again, he is acting less and less like a baby these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment