Tuesday, June 30, 2009

FollowUp

Update: I completely forgot to mention that the results for my NT scan came back negative. The chances of us having a baby with downs syndrome or Trisomy 18 are 1 in 10,000.

Yesterday (13w3d) I saw my doctor for a follow-up from Wednesday's events.

I had an ultrasound and everything looks good. They did not see any evidence of a fibroid. The tech said at times when the uterus is having a non-working contraction (Braxton Hicks), it will ball up in a certain area (as that portion contracts) thereby causing that area to appear as though it's a fibroid.

She noticed a small pocket of fluid (approximately 6mm). She said it is nothing significant. She said it's possible that the placenta didn't attach to the uterus at that point or maybe the placenta it still in the processing of attaching. I firmly believe it is the first notion because at this point the placenta is formed and fully functioning as the support mechanism for the pregnancy.

My doctor scanned me and agreed that everything looks good. The baby is growing as she should be (again, please keep in mind we still don't know the gender, I just think it's a girl). The baby is just about 3 inches - 7.2cm to be exact.

I need to post pictures but don't have them ready yet. I promise I will get them up in a separate post today!

No comments:

Post a Comment