Sunday, May 31, 2009

So much to say

...but sadly I can't. I guess it's not that I can't, more or less, that I won't. I have some issues occurring in my life at the moment that I would love to blog about because I simply feel better after writing about things, but out of pure respect for those individuals, I won't. All I ask is that you pray for me to find direction, peace and strength through these situations.

Now that I got that off my chest I can tell you about more happy moments in my life! B is a crawling machine. He is EVERYWHERE now - he used to just stay in one room, but now if you leave the room, he is hot on your heels. He is also pulling up on everything. This morning, I was sitting on the couch, he pulled up about one section away from me and cruised over to me! This little boy wants to go, go, go!

Every morning I check his teething progress... #1 is becoming more and more visible each day and #2 broke the surface this morning! Finally, we have two teeth at nine months old!

Yesterday, was my fabulous husband's birthday! We had a really relaxing day - just the three ahem, four of us (okay, maybe 3 1/2 but baby counts too now!) Daddy slept in (does 9 am count as "sleeping in"...?). After B's morning nap, we went to Walmart and he bought a new fishing pole, lures, etc (courtesy of my mom's very generous present). We played around at the house for the rest of the afternoon. Daddy left at about 6:30 to go night fishing with a friend. I am so happy that he enjoyed his birthday. He doesn't like a lot of fan fare, etc - he would rather something very low-key and just us - and I am not going to argue that with him because after all it is his day.

In pregnancy news... can I just tell you how different this pregnancy is from my last one. I know I've updated you once on the differences here but they are still coming!

I haven't eaten beef (or pork) in 3+ years. I am craving beef like I've never before in my life. My mom was talking about spaghetti and meatballs and (my mouth is already watering) it was all I could think about. Daddy has made hamburgers two times in the past couple of weeks and both times, the smell is so captivating that I want to devour his food. I am SO tempted to give into this craving but I am so fearful that it will make me sick. Case in point... two years ago, on our honeymoon, I ate 2 measly strips of bacon and I was sick for close to two days. Last year, for my 25th birthday, while I was pregnant with B, I gave into that bacon craving again, this time only 1 piece and I was sick the rest of the day. But as my friend Amy said, 31 weeks is a long time to not give in. Decisions, decisions. But I REALLY want spaghetti and meatballs. Right. Now.

Other than that, this pregnancy is moving right along. I am 9 weeks + 2 days pregnant. I go back to the doctor on June 17th.

Okay, that's all for now... I need to take a shower while my little monster naps. Then I think we are going swimming... I will update later with pictures from the rest of our vacation, Daddy’s very lazy but nice birthday and some other random moments.

Have a fantastic Sunday --- I know we will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment