Monday, May 4, 2009

Ready or Not!

So, last Sunday, April 26, Daddy and I found out that we are expecting again! This came as an absolute shock but we are beyond blessed that God has chosen to send B a sibling!!

I took two pregnancy tests - one around 12:15pm and the other around 6:30pm - both popped up "pregnant" within a matter of nanoseconds (or so it felt). I was quite surprised. I honestly didn't even know how to approach Daddy. I finally told him that we needed to talk and finally he pulled it out of me. He asked if I was joking and I said definitely not and then we just laughed about it. Like he told my mom at lunch, we wanted another baby, just not this soon, but we will take what we are given (obviously).



I am such a planner and self-professed control freak - I have a tiny feeling that this is Gods way of making me relinquish some of that control! In order to initially cope with this new idea, I kept telling myself that this was not in our plans, but it was definitely in God's plans. As my friend told me - this may have shocked us, but it certainly did not shock Him. And she is right!

I had bloodwork on Tuesday, April 28. My progesterone levels were 18.3 and my hcg levels were 373!

Yesterday, May 4, I had an ultrasound because I have been experiencing some sharp pains on my right side - I have a cyst that they are going to monitor. This cyst very well might be the site on my ovary from which the egg ruptured. At my next ultrasound (May 22) they will look at it again. I also had a follow-up beta hcg completed (along with various other blood tests). My levels were a whopping 5999!!!

So my due date is January 1, 2010! The baby was too small to be seen yesterday but we were able to see the gestational sac iside of my uterus and inside of the gestational sac was the yolk sac. The YS was measuring dead on for a Jan 1 due date.

Today I am 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant...

Now I will take the pleasure of introducing you to
B's soon-to-be sibling...


black area = gestational sac; small white circle inside of the black area to the right = yolk sac

p.s. my intuition is telling me GIRL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment