Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Choo... Choo... Someone's THREE!

I remember that morning, December 27, 2007 when I I held the first pregnancy test up to the light in the strangest way because I was certain I could see the faintest line if I held it just like so... and then taking another test and after what seemed like hours that word popped up "pregnant."...

I remember anxiously calling my doctor and getting bloodwork... I also remember that sick feeling when they called back and said things didn't look so good...

I remember impatiently waiting for the next 2 days to go by and getting another beta done and my hcg level being 39 (it had tripled!)...

I remember the first time I fell in love with you...

I remember the days you lived within my womb...

I remember seeing you for the first time at 6 weeks - a little teeny, tiny sak - we couldn't see your heart beating yet...

I remember seeing your heart beating and I remember hearing it beating for the first time...

I remember at 15w2d pregnant, finding out that you were a boy and not being able to control my tears of pure happiness...

I remember your first moments of movement that I could actually feel - it felt like 3 little knocks. I wasn't sure if I was really feeling you but then you did it again and I knew it was you...

I remember waking up at 2:45am on August 28 to a very odd feeling - upon going to the bathroom I realized my membranes had ruptured and I will always remember the way your daddy flew out of bed when I told him...

I remember driving to the hospital because I am a control freak like that...

I remember waddling with a towel between my legs through the parking garage... through the hospital... to the elevators... into Labor & Delivery...

I remember having to pee in a bedpan... and on the 4th time, coming down too quickly causing your daddy to spill my pee everywhere...

I remember reading all of the well wishes pouring in from our friends and family... and then
I remember them saying it was time to have a baby...

I remember going into the OR... and more importantly, at 10:11 am on August 28
I remember your first cry
I remember the first time I saw you
I remember the first time I fell in love with you all over again





I cannot believe that my baby is already three (well 3 years and 1 month ;) )










Baby boy... I mean BIG boy - I love you so much. Happy 3rd Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment