Monday, April 11, 2011

{monday mumbles}

{monday mumbles}
  • Potty Training is going VERY WELL! Brice has been in underwear 24/7 since Thursday morning. He's had a few accidents - mostly at naptime. It's weird --- he stays completely dry overnight (so 10ish hours) but the last two days he's woken up wet from his nap. He's napping now so we'll see... Overall, he's doing fantastic - no pullups, only underwear... all the time... and 5 accidents TOTAL. {I am proud mama if you can't tell}. But here's my concern... pooping. I think he's a bit backed up because of all the barium he had last week. He's only had one BM since last Sunday (yikes!) I keep asking if he needs to poop and he tells me no... I've heard that this can be the tricky part of PT'ing... fingers crossed.
  • So far, all of Brice's testing has come back normal, within normal limits or negative - bloodwork, stool studies, nuclear gastric emptying study, VFSS and Upper GI Series --- his upper endoscopy found a hiatal hernia and his duodenum aspirate showed a staph aureus infection.
  • Pierce is spontaneously acquiring more and more words! He says Bice (Brice), no (and he knows how to shake his head no), up, down, mommy, daddy, potty, poo-poo, Daisy, Duke, stop (top), Neo, kitty, duck, quack, moo, dog, uh-oh, night-night, go, out, bye, hop and probably a few more that I cannot think of! His laugh and smile are still just as infectious as ever! Some words that I forgot: PaPa, Elmo, woof-woof, ahh-ahh (monkey sound), boat, choo-choo, cat, bubbles, roar, yum-yum, ball, two, cat, blue, hello, hi --- almost 40 words!
  • We went to French Quarter Fest on Sunday and had so much fun! George's brother, David, came with us and Brice had so much fun with Uncle Dabe (Dave). You couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous day but it was hot... H-O-T! Brice sucked down 20oz of fruit punch (definitely not in my top 10 of liquids to give to him but we were in downtown NOLA and it was free!)... and he had two accidents around 45 minutes later... both happened within minutes of each other. And it one of my not finer moments... I had a dress on because it was H-O-T... it was also windy... {do you see where I am going with this...?} --- my dress flew up in the back (while I was pushing the stroller) --- I screamed (which probably only brought more attention to me) and made George push the stroller so I could hold my dress down --- sigh...
  • Brice's appetite sucks lately... I know it's due to his stomach problems... I don't know if he know has aversions because of the pain - he's made negative associations with food? We give him {almost} whatever he asks for. He typically takes 1-3 bites (if that) and that's it. The one thing he will eat is white bread - toasted or not - it's a guarantee. He drinks lots and lots of water. He no longer wants to take his Nexium - I think he knows medicine is mixed into whatever I have in the bowl in my hand (I typically mix it into Greek yogurt or applesauce), especially since he did not request whatever is in the bowl. 
  • We have a few appointments this week for the kids - Pierce is getting his tooth fixed on Thursday and Brice has a follow-up GI appointment on Friday {I can't wait for that appointment}... I just want an answer and a solution to Brice's GI problems and I would love a special way to get medicine into him!
  • The boys have been coming into our room around 5:45am (it's cute to see them both walking in with their blankets but I also enjoy seeing the inside of my eyelids at 5:45am too!) My husband is wonderful... he let me stay in bed for an extra 45 minutes this morning - I really needed it.
  • I am keeping my fingers crossed that another little path in my life continues to open up - if and when it does, I will share about it :)
  • On Thursday, Jenni and I are taking our {four} boys to either the Zoo or Aquarium! I haven't seen her in months... I am excited about spending time with them :)

1 comment:

  1. AFA the pooping goes, it took Nico a couple weeks but one day said he had to go poop (not pee). When I sat him down he looked like he was in discomfort and said "All done" but he wasn't. I had to sit and rub his tummy and he finally went (had to do this for about a week). He now goes every other day but still has some discomfort. He gets plenty of fiber/fruit but I wonder if he doesn't have some IBS (like me). He'll catch on! Isn't it great having a PT'ed kid!?!?

    ReplyDelete