Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools Day FAIL

Ugh... the title says it all. For some reason, my creative side thought it had the capability to pull off a clever little prank on my husband... in reality, I think I may have shaved 10 years off his life ;)

From time-to-time, my husband forgets that I can no longer become pregnant. I mean, really, how can you forget that. I guess I have to give him a little credit because (1) he is a male and (2) he confuses my tubal ligation (with which there is a teeny, tiny, itty-bitty percentage that you could become pregnant) with the hysterectomy. Oh well.

So I decided this morning, hey why not get my family and a few close friends in on what surely would be a great prank. I sent a Facebook message and a text to the people I wanted in on it. I asked people to send him a text saying something along the lines of "Congrats on Baby #3!" My first mistake: the first person to text him was a friend of ours, but her number was not in his phone. He started calling the house/my cell non-stop... he received 2-3 other texts and the phone calls continued... then I heard the door unlocking and there he was... I started laughing so hard that I was crying. I really thought I pranked him well... until he opened his mouth.

He told me that I scared the crap out of him because I wasn't answering the phone. He said he became worried when he received the first text from a random number saying "Congrats on Baby {our last name} #3." I asked him why he was still worried after she replied with her name. And he said he got scared because of the moron that semi-stalked us 9ish months ago. He thought someone was in the house and on and on... so all I succeeded at was scaring him, not pranking him. And he STILL didn't realize that today was April Fool's... until he was leaving and I said "Happy April Fool's Day!" --- he shook his head, turned around, smiled and said that everyone who was involved in my little prank would pay for it...

I felt so bad for the way he reacted... So my prank was a failure, well kinda... ;)

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! LOL! You better watch out next year, he's probably not going to forget this!

    Baby #3...priceless!

    ReplyDelete