Thursday, March 18, 2010

Updates

At times, I feel as though the day has slipped by so quickly that I don't know which way is up and which is down... today was one of those days.

I had to be at the eye doctor for 9:15am, the GYN at 10:30, lunch for 12pm and B had a dental appointment for 1:30pm.

Eye doctor went well... my eyes have gotten a tad bit worse but I guess that happens, right? I quickly selected 2 pairs of frames [they were BOGO at EyeMasters!], paid [much more than I had planned on] and left. After we finished our day of running, I went back to pick up my new glasses [x2] and I despised pair #1 - so I am picking my new pair up tomorrow. The second pair, I love like [well, I am learning to love them... they're just different from what I am used to].

GYN... this is where I am supposed to say, if you don't care to read about female issues, click that cute little X in the top right hand of your screen... mmmmk? For those of you continuing on --- tomorrow marks 13 weeks since I delivered P [yes, you read that correctly, 13 weeks!!! Today he actually turned 3 months old - so bittersweet but that's another post, another day] and for the last 11 weeks I have been spotting and having some light bleeding. I haven't had my first postpartum cycle yet. So I called my doctor, who can no longer see since I am no longer pregnant [he is an MFM] so I am seeing the doctor I saw between pregnancies. I told him what was going on and he said I have 4 options... (1) birth control pills [that's a big no {a} I don't like synthetic hormones and {b} did I not have my tubes tied recently to avoid bcp?]... (2) Motrin - 400-600mg three to four times daily [it's an anti-progesterone so it should help control the bleeding... (3) an Ablation - this permanently destroys the lining of the uterus by burning it - I am not a candidate for this because I have had two c-sections. My doctor doesn't know how thin that area is and during the ablation other pelvic or abdominal organs could get burned [not to mention my uterus could rupture]... (4) Hysterectomy - removal of my uterus. For now, I am going to try the Motrin route for 1 month and then follow up with my doctor. [another post in a couple days on my feelings regarding this...]

Dentist - B's teeth look great! On April 13 he is having a frenectomy - they will be clipping his maxillary frenum because it's realllly tight. Other than that, he goes back in six months!

Sadly, I am too tired to continue writing... part 2 tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment