Saturday, March 27, 2010

An open letter

Dear Mr. President,

[Not that you will ever read this blog entry but I figured why the heck not...] I have a few simple questions for you.

1. If this health care reform is such a "needed" change and a "great" thing for our country, what explanation can you offer for the very passers of this bill being excused from coverage? I am confused as to why they would fight so hard for something, yet be exempt.

2. Isn't it unconstitutional that the number of votes needed to pass the HCR was changed (lowered)?

3. How can you FORCE someone to get health insurance. If they don't want it/cannot afford it, this lovely HCR bill will penalize them for THEIR decision (I mean you claim to care about what the people want... but it's funny, because the majority doesn't support HCR).

4.[this really gets me hot...] For someone who is so pro-choice and it's all about "their" choice.... where is MY choice - why don't you care about MY feelings, especially when it comes to MY tax dollars paying for THEM to abort their unborn babies. I am against abortion and I think it's tragic that MY money will go towards murder. n-o-t-h-a-p-p-y-a-t-a-l-l

I am sure that when you leave office you will look back on your term as successful but I guess it depends on what you define as successful. If you define digging our country into an even larger amount of debt inside of one year of presidency as a success, then I guess you were. It's sad to think that my now 19 month old and 3 month old will be paying off this debt during their working years. But in my opinion, you just guaranteed yourself only one term in office.


- One very unhappy citizen


Our government has failed us (shocker, right?). In what is supposed to be a democracy, our leaders have decided to not listen to what the majority wants. Instead a platform was pushed and tweaked and modified until the bullies on the playground got what they wanted. Healthcare reform was necessary just not in the way that it occurred. Welcome to socialized heathcare, America - the land of the free!

No comments:

Post a Comment