Friday, September 18, 2009

Life

Here is another quick recap post on life in general... I really want life to settle down so that I can blog more often. I don't want to forget any of the memorable moments in P's pregnancy but I feel like I am really slacking in that aspect. Plus, I dislike writing one million words blogs to get you caught up on what's going on for us... and I am sure that those particular posts, send your brains into sensory overload. So I am not going to make any promises, but really, I will try to post more frequently.

Me:
Things are going pretty decent for me. I have mild hydronephrosis of my right kidney - I had this happen when I was pregnant with B. It is more annoying than painful lately. I ended up in Labor & Delivery a week ago today because it was more painful than annoying at that point. They hooked me up to the monitors (fetal and contraction - I had a period of regular contractions but nothing major), gave me two bags of IV fluids (after the nurse blew out the vein in the top of my hand), and sent me on my way... 5 hours later. I felt badly for Daddy because he was sick and spent the entire 5 hours on a very uncomfortable stool.

I had a prenatal visit on Wednesday (9/16/09). P's HR = 143bpm. I had my gestational diabetes test and I passed! I go back to my doctor on 10/14 for my last 4 week check-up - I will also see anesthesia for my pre-op and meet with registration for phase 2... I can't believe I am getting so close to meeting P!

Today I am 25 weeks pregnant!


B:
His 1 year check-up went well (9/9/09). He weighs 22lbs 0oz (35th percentile) and is 29.25" long (25th percentile). He is a fantastic little guy!

We went to the immunologist's office (9/15/09) and God has been hearing my prayers. She believes that we just hit a string of bad luck with his health. Overall, she thinks he is healthy. We did some follow-up blood work at Children's Hospital to find out if in fact his immune system is running up to par. She is going to check his titer levels for some of his childhood immunizations - if they show antibodies being built, then his immune system is working properly. If not, well we didn't even discuss that in all honesty.

Yesterday, B had his first dentist appointment! He did very well. He still only has two teeth... the lower two. He cried during the cleaning but was very pleasant the rest of the time.

Afterward, we went to the pediatrician because B was coughing and I suspected that he was wheezing as well. I didn't think that he was "sick" per say because he wasn't running fever or displaying any other "sick" symptoms. But I was concerned about the coughing/wheezing because everything seems to effect his lungs and most things move rapidly and then keep him sick for what feels like forever, but I digress. The pedi checked him out and said that he wasn't sick but he definitely was wheezing. We did a breathing treatment in the office. She sent us home with a nebulizer and a new treatment plan for B. She is treating him for Reactive Airway Disease. We have one medication, Xopenex, that we administer via nublizer every 8 hours for two days, then every 12 hours for 2 days, then prn for wheezing spells. His second medication, Pulmicort, we administer via nebulizer once daily until we are told to discontinue.

B is a tough little guy. He remains very happy and active, even with all the junk thrown his way.

We have quite a bit coming up in the next few weeks - I feel like every weekend is booked until December... and then it's touch and go for my little family of three until P's arrival and we become a family of four!!!

Daddy and I are so excited for the month of December. We are thrilled that our family will be completed in December. We love that B will be a big brother and we cannot wait to hold P in our arms. And December means Christmas! We know that B was around last Christmas, but he was only four months old! This Christmas, he will be able to get into his presents and unwrap them, and play with all of his new toys! We can't wait to see the excitement on his face. Please hurry up, December!

Christmas will be very low key for us this year, that is, if I am still pregnant. We will be staying very close to home and we will probably spend Christmas Day at home because between me being pregnant and my younger sister getting married the next day, our family dinner has been canceled. It will be nice to spend a holiday not running all over to visit everyone... at times, relaxation is a beautiful thing!

I think that's about it for now! Have a great weekend! I plan on doing a very late birthday post to Brice on Monday... lots of pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment