Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Contractions

Ah yes, it seems as though my uterus has decided to misbehave... maybe as a punishment for the crazy little firecracker living within its walls? P is one active little man, as I've said before. He is constantly kicking, moving, punching, building forts, etc within my womb. I think he is going to really keep me on my toes once he enters the world. Brice loves attention, particularly from me and Daddy, but this kid, P, the world needs to look out for. I think he is going to be a spot-light stealing, lime-light loving kid... and he comes by it very naturally (courtesy of none other than me). But I digress. Back to that misbehavin' uterus of mine. I started having pretty regular contractions on Saturday and I am still having them. They last anywhere from 1-3 hours and for the most part, are not painful. I started having random contractions at 22 weeks with B (and random contractions at 19 weeks with P) but never anything timeable and/or regular.

I went to visit my fantastic doctor today... I really do have a special place in my heart for that man (I mean how could I not?!)... he checked me out and did a Ffn test. He said that everything looks good - cervix is closed, etc. At this point, he is comfortable with me having 6 contractions an hour. I feel happy knowing that this is okay at this point but also kinda blah over the fact that I could potentially have very regular contractions for the next 15.5 weeks! Oh well, it could be worse!

P's heartbeat was 146bpm today and I had my first belly measurement - I am measuring right on track - 23.5weeks! I go back to see my doctor next Wednesday for a check-up.

Tomorrow is B's (late, I know) 1 year check-up and I see my surgeon for my post-op. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment