Monday, July 27, 2009

Stellan Updates

From Mck Mama's blog
“Monday, July 27, 2009
Monday Morning Update

Hello prayer warriors! This is Carrie, posting for Jennifer this morning as she continues to do whatever she can to help her son. As you read Jennifer's words below you will see how much she and Stellan need your prayers right now.....


Stellan had a shitty night. Sorry, but he did. So whatever. I'll swear if I want to. And believe me, I am. I've been vomiting all night with sympathy barfing for my son. Stellan is crumpling. He's still in SVT (3 days and counting? I can no longer keep track. How terrible is that?) and his heart is giving way.

He is barely urinating because his heart can't keep up anymore to keep his kidneys functioning well and so on. Stellan has a low ph and low bicarbs. He's in some kind of metabolic, acidotic state. His body temperature is 94.7 and he is pale with cold extremities and thready pulses. He really, really needs help to get out of this hole. He began vomiting at midnight and can't keep anything down.

I've been doing kangaroo care with him...skin to skin with him on my chest...to try to keep him warm and at peace. The doctors here are trying what they can. We'll talk soon with the Boston doctor again and hopefully he'll have some kind of insight as to what to try next.

I'm spent, in all meanings of the word. And so is Stellan.”

No comments:

Post a Comment