Saturday, December 18, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Little Man!

Dear Little Man,

One year ago today, your daddy and I went to the hospital to find out if we would meet you. I was a little nervous about the idea of having an amnio to find out if your lungs were mature but the excitement of knowing that I could potentially be holding you in my arms within a few hours was in full overdrive.

We arrived at the hospital a little before 8:00am and Dr. R met us in the waiting room. Dr. R is the most amazing doctor I have ever met. I feel blessed knowing that he was our doctor. When I worried about you during my pregnancy, he calmly eased my fears. And I will never forgot two moments with him: (1) the day I expressed some uneasiness I was having over your health in utero, he looked me in the eyes and stated that God's blessings were never ending and (2) after he delivered you and things were wrapping up in the OR (you and daddy were on your way to the nursery), Dr. R held my hand and congratulated me and spoke with me for what seemed like eternity. His compassion and caring spirit is second to none. Dr. R has a very special place in my heart. And now back to the story...

Dr. R brought us into an ultrasound room. He explained every single tiny detail about what he was doing before and as he was doing it during the amnio. Daddy held my hand and we got to see you wiggle on the screen for the very last time. Dr. R said he was a little unsure about the way the amniotic fluid looked. Usually, with mature lungs, the fluid has lots of particles floating around. We walked over to prenatal testing, where I was hooked up to monitors to watch you for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment