Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A little of this and that

Bear with me because this post is probably going to be all over the place for a few reasons... coherent thinking is not my greatest ability these days, my body is pumped full of adrenaline at the moment (more on that in a few) and I'm a little sleep deprived...

P went to the pediatrician twice inside a few days - both times for the same reason, but the first time we didn't see our pediatrician (for reference, that's Dr. L). On Saturday we took P to see Dr. M because he was having some feeding issues - namely choking while eating, gagging, pulling off the bottle crying. Initially we thought it was gas so we started burping him more frequently. This sad cycle lasted for 5 straight feedings prompting our visit with Dr. M. He weighed in at 7lbs 8oz and after a physical exam, we were told that everything checked out a-okay. She asked if we had ever given him a bottle of pure Alimentum (no breastmilk mixed in) and suggested that we do that to see how he responded - I had/have absolutely no intention of doing this. A few minutes later she said some kids just don't like Alimentum (so really, why would I give him an entire 2oz bottle of it?!)

We saw Dr. L on Monday. She also said that everything checked out a-okay. She believes that he is eating too fast or not breathing well enough while eating. Everything she suggested are things that we already do (with the exception of offering him a few sips of Pedialyte before and mid-way through his feeding - not too sure as to what this will solve, so we're not doing this either). We brought in a dirty diaper and he pooped again while we were there - his stool is blood free! We also found out that he will be on Alimentum until he is 6 months old (at the very least). So that means I am on a dairy-free diet as long as I decide to continue breastfeeding. I think almost everything has some form of dairy in it... but it's a small sacrifice and it's only temporary!

Speaking of breastfeeding... the girls are slowly getting better. I am using genetian violet topically for the breast thrush. I just started it today and my milk has a gorgeous lavender hue to it... but according to the literature I've read, you only have to use it for 3-7 days (hoping for 3-4 days!) I think Daddy is going to have a nice laugh tonight when he sees me pumping!

Now, for the reason my body is pulsing with adrenaline... her name is Jillian Michaels and she has this DVD... ... and I started it today... and it has kicked my butt... and I can tell that I am going to H-U-R-T tomorrow... but I need to get skinny again so I guess I have to be pro-active about it :)

Need to run for now... Thing #1 is calling for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment